Monday, October 29, 2007

5 cruises in 9 weeks!

Ok, its been a very busy time for me....
On Sept 8, I cruised the one night sailing of the NCL Spirit out of NY. We had a lot of fun. Saw lots of bachelorette and bachelor parties going on, also birthday and anniversary celebrations. A perfect way to spend the night. Lots of gambling, a show and of course food and drink! ;-)
My next cruise left on Sept 23, on board the RCCL Explorer of the Seas from Bayonne! I was invited by my sales rep. Tom Cherry to attend a Seminar at sea. It was a 5 night Bermuda cruise and it was on board my very first ship which I loved, so it was a no brainer! I had booked alot of clients on board this particular cruise and always felt that it was too short giving you only two full days in port. However, after sailing it myself, I will NOT hesitate to book anyone. We had a great time! Tom did two wonderful presentations, he was great! I learned alot. This was the 2nd seminar I had attended with him, the first being the Adventure of the Seas last March, and still today is my "favorite" overall cruise! He also invited me last summer to attend a SAS in Europe, unfortunately I had to miss that one.... aahh, someday.....
Then on Oct 12th I left for our 12th annual Cruises Inc/CruiseOne company conference. This time we stayed at the Mariott on Biscayne Blvd in Miami for two nights. We had a trade show and a few workshops. The festivities ended with our award banquet. I did receive and award, however last year it was at a higher level, but I am happy and proud non the less. Then off to the pier on Sunday the 14th to cruise 5 days on the brand new NCL Pearl. Stops included Cozumel where we all went to Playa Mia for some fun and yes food and drink! The next stop was Grand Cayman, RCCL treated us to a day at Hard Rock , yes.....DRINK and food!
On board during sea days we had the opportunity to attend many workshops and meet some of the big wigs from several cruise lines! I find it amazing how the biggest in the biz take the time to come to our conferences each year! It makes me proud to be working for Cruises Inc! Every night Artie and I attended the Cocktail party where on several occasions a "free cruise" was given out and lots of very nice gifts, of course no free one for me :-(
The NCL Pearl is very nice, I truly enjoyed the ship layout and decor. The ship is the first at sea with a BOWLING ALLEY! So cool! Anyway every year we choose a theme for conference, and this year was perfect! "A LEAGUE OF OUR OWN"! Cruises Inc/Cruise One is really in a league of our own when it comes to the cruise lines, they thanked us over and over for all the sales and mostly for the way we treat our clients. Again, glad that I am here.
Ok, after flying back to EWR, I unpacked and packed again for my 2 nighter on the NCL Dawn NY sailing. The ship departed 10/26, my son Tyler's 17th birthday and my husband and I took him along with my Mom and her husband, and our best friends Harold and Aida. I had never been on the Dawn, but had booked many clients on board her. I couldn't wait to see the ship. I was not disappointed at all. I again really liked the ship and the flow. However the crew seemed to be understaffed and the food was not the best. I will make it my business to call my contact at NCL and let her know that there is a slight lack in services on board the Dawn this past weekend. Again the cruise was very popular with the same type of clientele as the one nighter. I did see a few more kids(teens) then I did on the one nighter. The New York NJ cruises are so convenient for me, I can be on board the ship in less than 2 hours from my house!
Finally, this Sat, Nov 3rd I fly off to Miami again to cruise RCCL Liberty of the Seas! Ive had this group booked for over a year! I have some past clients and their friends and family, I have some of my son Evan's baseball team players and family and then some of my family and friends! Its going to be great! The Liberty is the second build of the worlds largest cruise ship the Freedom Class, and also my FAVORITE class of ship, the third and final ship; the Independence will sail out of FT Lauderdale alternating a 6 and 8 night cruise. While on the Liberty we will visit 4 ports: Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Montego bay and Labadee(RCCL private island paradise). Even though we have visited these and some of the other ports several times I can still find something new and wonderful to do in all of them. Sometimes I choose to just stay on board while all the other guests get off. Its great to have the ship to yourself, no problem getting the best lounge chair by the pool! We return on 11/10. After that, The next cruise I have booked is a three nighter on Holland America's newest ship, the Eurodam. She is doing a one time only, 3 nighter RT NYC on labor day weekend! I then have one other cruise booked 9/20/08. Which is another one nighter, this time its my brother and sister in laws wedding anniversary cruise.
Phew.... My 25th wedding anniversary is coming up this February 26th, I could have booked Hawaii or perhaps my dream cruise.....Italy, but I think we may try a land trip this time. Artie has always wanted to do an all inclusive hotel package so I guess I will consider someplace grand!
I'm sure before 08 is over, I will have a few more added to this list, however, for now....I think I may be a bit "cruised out"!!!

1 comment:

Dorothy H. said...

Have a great cruise on Liberty! I can't wait to hear all about it.